Sunday, March 8, 2009

Snow Day

Ok, it's not snowing today, but it was last week when I started this post...But now at least the pictures will make sense.

So this weekend Rachel and Elias are home by themselves. Yup, Victor has abandoned us for an outdoor education conference in Oregon. So far, so good. As we speak the little one has put himself to sleep in his carseat in the time it took to travel from the car to the front door (about 30 seconds...). That never happens; he must have been pretty tuckered out.

I was going to post a picture of myself looking pretty frazzled, but then came to the realization that the comparison to not frazzled is not all that different- slightly depressing.

As for changes in Elias, he's working at a pretty steady clip. He is now 12.5 lbs, almost 4 months old, and he's rocking a double chin. His face has really changed in the last week - I'll credit the nursing marathon of the last couple weeks. (Is that a good enough excuse for why I haven't blogged?) I don't have any good pictures of it yet, that will have to wait until next time. He has discovered his voice, and likes to use it, although he does exercise good volume control. He has decided that he's not interested in napping unless the only person within sight is mama. In fact, he'll go from dead asleep to cracking up if he senses Victor is anywhere nearby.





No comments: